Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Miraculous Healing

I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for four and a half years going into November of my junior year of college. I wanted it to be gone, but had pretty much resigned myself to having it indefinitely.

I was eating lunch with a friend of mine from church, Robin, and discussing my choice of lunch: roast beef sandwich, Cheetos, and juice. I said I was eating the roast beef for protein and the Cheetos for salt because a high-salt-and-protein diet helped me feel better from CFS. Suddenly, she looked at me and said, "Darby, you're not going to have Chronic Fatigue for much longer."

I thought, "Wow, that is nice of her to be thinking positively."

But then she said, "Don't ask me how I know, I just know. You are not going to have Chronic Fatigue for much longer."

I got tingles, because rarely, if ever, had I heard prophecy about myself, let alone from an Episcopalian. Her words were reinforced for me two days later as I was walking to the library, when I had a vision of me sitting in church and crying for joy. As I studied myself closer, I realized that it was because my CFS was gone.

Since the church that I had the image of was the church I attended during college, I decided I better be there the next day so I did not miss the event. So Sunday morning I made sure I was up early and dressed more nicely than I ever had before to go to church. (I was not going to have some miraculous event happen to me in jeans!)

As the service began, I prayed that this day I might be healed. I then sat and waited. Nothing was happening. Then the music began right before communion. I started to shake with excitement. I thought, "This is it! God is going to take my CFS away during communion!"

Normally, I receive communion on the right side near the wall. This Sunday I was front and center, directly under the cross. As I knelt at the rail, I looked up at the cross and thanked God for the miracle that was about to occur and stated that I was ready for it. I ate my share of the bread and wine, and my CFS was gone.

I had expected it to be like on TV when someone dies and a transparent version of themselves lifts away. But it was not like that. It was a feeling that all the fatigue and depression were gone, and in their place was joy and energy.

I went home and called everyone I could think of to tell them the news. Some people were overjoyed. Some were skeptical. But I figured that God would not have healed me so dramatically if I were not to share the story and show that not only does God exist, He is still involved in our "here and now."

No comments:

Post a Comment