Wednesday, October 30, 2013

To sleep or to pee?

This morning at 2:12am, I had a dilemma.  Should I get up and go to the toilet?  Or should I try to sleep through and make it to the morning?

It seems obvious in the light of day... if your bladder says it needs to be emptied, do it!  But there are so many other considerations in the middle of the night.  I'm not totally awake.  If I get up, will I be able to go back to sleep?  Our house is really quiet at night.  If I get up, will I awaken other family members?  Will they be able to get back to sleep?  We have cats that rely on routine.  If I get up, will a cat decide that signals morning and start meowing... waking up all of us?

This morning, I chose to wake up and go to the downstairs bathroom.  And, it set off the chain of events I was afraid of.  A family member then also got up to use the upstairs bathroom.  A cat followed me back to bed, sat on my chest, and purred loudly.  But, we all managed to go back to sleep and stay asleep until the alarm went off.

Maybe this evening I will drink less fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment